Friday, July 9, 2010

Extra Curricular Lesson Plans

The three required extra-curricular courses in our state are Health, PE and Art. I came up with my own Health curriculum which I will share with you another day. I haven't quite finished the details on our PE curriculum. (Actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't have any plans yet besides a few ideas rolling around in my head. I need to do a bit more research on that topic.)

But, today I would like to tell you about my two favorite classes what share with you what I plan on doing this year. Art and Home Ec. Home EC is not require by our state but I really wanted to add it in. I also added in Spanish as well since I would like to start learning other languages with Chloe. (I was inspired by the book "Her Mother's Hope" by Francine Rivers in which the main character spoke at least 3 languages fluently.)

For art, I planned out what projects we would do for the entire school year. I actually made a school calendar with our days scheduled for the year. I found most of my ideas from Kinder Art. You really must check out that website for art projects, even if you don't homeschool. There are some wonderful ideas there to give your children the opportunity to be creative.

The other class I added in on my own is Home Ec. I found two websites that I will be using this year to teach Chloe cooking and sewing. Check them out.

Sewing Lessons and Kids Cooking Lessons.

I am so excited about school this next year. I can hardly wait. We have a little over three weeks left before school starts for us and it just can't get here soon enough. Which reminds me...I had better purchase our curriculum so it arrives in time to begin on schedule.

No comments: