Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Olivia Style Painting

We started our Olivia lapbook yesterday and one of the projects I wanted to try was splatter painting. Chloe thoroughly enjoyed splatter painting. I think it imperative to mention here that I am not one of those mothers who abhors messes. While I keep a fairly clean house (one could say "neat freak"), I do believe that children should be able to fully experience things...like splatter painting...to their capacity. This is why there is such a huge market for washable paints. They WASH! I am all for making messes, as long as they are cleanable.

With that being said, I set up the supplies and watched her splatter to her hearts content.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Today we will try another painting technique. I'll have to tell you about it later.

No comments: