Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rice Pudding Please

I do believe that lapbooking has become Chloe's favorite part of school. Especially since we picked a book she loves and I read it to her every day. She is just about a couple of sentences away from having the entire book memorized as well.

Well, if I wanted hands on activities, lapbooking certainly gives us plenty of those. Today we made rice pudding. Since Chloe has cooked in the kitchen with me since she was a tiny tot, most of this was old hat for her. I did teach her how to turn the burner on though, with a stern warning that this was only EVER to be done if I am with her and have given her permission. I warned her to NEVER touch the knob EVER without me. I do believe I put the fear of Mama into her little heart with my admonishment.

Anyway, she enjoyed making the same rice pudding that the puppies smell in the story. Its funny because with all the books we read for school, this is her favorite and its not even in our curriculum. She acts it out almost every day too. So cute. I must get some video of that to show you all.

I plan on writing out (or printing out) the recipes we make this week and sticking them into her lapbook (probably in a little pocket). I also would like to put a picture in there of Chloe helping to make these treats. I thought that might add a fun touch and a personal element to the lapbook.

An idea struck me the other day. I am not sure if I thought of this one myself or if I happened to read it while researching sonlight last Friday. Anyways, instead of attaching each item to the file folders just as soon as we finish it, I am saving them up and at the end of the week, we will set everything we have compiled out in front of us and arrange them in the lapbook all at one time. I'll have to let you know how it goes.

No comments: