Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It Arrived!

Today marked the beginning of our exciting journey this year. The preschool journey. Our curriculum finally arrived at our doorstep today. We ended up choosing Sonlight curriculum because of the mass amount of books included. Many of you already know me...I love my books. It is one of my biggest desires to pass on this love of books to my children. (child, right now)

Photobucket


We immediately tore into the box to see all the goodies inside.

Photobucket


Oh the books! Glorious books!

Photobucket


I don't think I have been this excited in a long, long time. Well...probably since Chloe's 4th birthday. Anyways, Chloe couldn't wait to get started and since neither could I, we began our first official day of preschool today. I was quite surprised that it took us less than 30 minutes. Wow! This will be a piece of cake. And most of it was reading out of storybooks. It couldn't have been easier. I am extremely pleased with our curriculum choice so far and I can't wait to see what this next year will teach us, together.

Photobucket


I am starting school as early as possible (which was why I started it today on the very day the books arrived) so that we can take time off when James returns home from his deployment this spring. He will be gone for 6 months and I want to be able to have 2-3 weeks off when he returns so we can just enjoy being a family again. Also, we have put in for orders to Germany or England and so there is a strong likelihood we will be moving in March/April. We will know in September and I will be able to tell you then, where and when we will be moving.

Well now... I must be off to spend some precious time with my dear ones playing games for the afternoon. Have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Sue said...

This is the curriclum I have been looking at for my 14 month old...well the 3/4 package. I won't be getting it until spring time and plan on taking longer than a year to do the curriclum...looking forward to reading about your and Chloe's journey this year.

Anna said...

I am sure you will love it Sue. Its mainly just reading some really good books. Some books are ones I would have never even known existed, so its a great resource for me. It is always wonderful to read to children and that is why I love this one so much. I get the wonderful opportunity to cuddle and snuggle together with my precious little one. What could be better? :)

LadySnow said...

Chloe looks so excited!