Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Love Learning

Oh my goodness, how I love school. Even while I attended school I enjoyed it. I even love the math and science portions, although those subjects are not my forte. (I am more of an English/Literature/fairyland kind of gal) Teaching Chloe this past week brings back alot of my own school time memories. I am the kind of person who could very easily attend school the rest of my life...that is, if money and time weren't such an issue. (I have five college classes to my credit) They say there are people who are addicted to school. That could soooo be me.

I truly believe that I will thoroughly enjoy homeschooling Chloe. Whatever I didn't get the first time around, I have the chance to try a second time. (and hopefully this time it will stick)

I wanted to share with you a few things I learned this past week with Chloe. (and somethings I learned outside of teaching her too)

1) Men in Japan wear Kimonos
2) Kimono means "clothing" in Japanese
3) There is a difference between a rhombus and a parallelogram. (had you asked me prior to last week I would have suspected you were speaking to me in a foreign language)
4) Chloe doesn't have very good attentiveness skills. Neither do I. I suppose that is where she gets it from. We are both working on it this week.
5) a week without television does a body good (we haven't even entered the basement except to do laundry since James left)
6) Dulce la Leche coffee creamer does not taste good in Caribe tea.
7) Many of the nursery rhymes I have memorized are a lot longer than I remember. (did you know that Mary's little lamb got kicked out of school for causing a ruckus amongst the kiddos?)
8) Chloe actually hears and understands most of what I tell her...she just pretends not to hear me. (can you believe I didn't know that before?) Now I ask her to repeat what Mama just said and every single time she repeats it verbatim...even when I think she was visiting la-la land while I was speaking. She is one smart cookie who had her Mama fooled for the longest time.

And the best thing I learned this week is that I can make a lapbook myself. Yes, I can. I am so excited. Our next lapbook (we are still finishing up Corduroy) will be on Japan. Then I think I will make one on tea. A whole research project on tea...how cool would that be?

Anyways, I better sign off for the evening and check some emails. I will hopefully have a finished lapbook to show you tomorrow.

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

You are too cute. :-)

Anna said...

hmmm....I was going for knowledgeable, or well-schooled, but I will take cute. :) (and too cute is better than just plain cute.)