Friday, July 31, 2009

Beginning a Home School Blog

I thought I should begin a home school blog separate from my regular blog. I don't really know why I thought this would be a good idea aside from the fact that maybe everyone reading my everyday blog might not be interested in our home school journey...and vice versa. There could also be those who are solely interested in our home school journey but could really care less about my crocheted dishcloths or the color of socks I am wearing today.

So...here is it. The first blog post of our Journey to Ladyship. I chose the name because that is exactly what I am in the process of doing. Raising the little girl God has blessed me with to be a Lady.

A lady, to me, is much more than merely being a female, or even a woman. A lady shines Jesus light to the world. A lady reflects the glory of God. A lady exemplifies a Christ like heart and lives a Christ centered life. These are the things I want to instill in Chloe while we home school. This is actually one of the very core reasons I desire to home school her. So that while we are learning math and science and literature, I can also teach her patience and virtue and generosity and all the other things God admonishes us to learn and teach to our children.

Here begins our Journey To Ladyship. I hope you enjoy reading our story.

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

I agree that it is much easier to keep the HS info on a different blog. At least that is my opinion. :-)

Anna said...

Yah...I really want to keep track of everything we are doing too. That way I have a record of what works and what doesn't. Its going to be fun. :)